Duke is back baby! At PAX Gearbox announced Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour and our heads are in the process of exploding.
Available October 11 on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it has all four original episodes plus an all new fifth episode of eight levels. As you can see from the features listed by Gearbox, they’re sticking very much to the team that made the game such a huge hit in the first place.
- ALL-NEW Episode FIVE, created by the original episode designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray!
- New, bonus content in Episode 5: Duke Nukem finally gets an INCINERATOR to roast new “Firefly” enemies!
- New “Duke Talk” plus high-fidelity re-recordings from Duke Nukem’s original voice actor, Jon St. John!
- New musical score for Episode 5 created by Duke’s theme song author and original game composer, Lee Jackson!
- Original 1996 source code and “2.5D” engine re-mastered in True 3D for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Windows 10!
Will Duke’s return be as triumphant as we hope or is the warmth of nostalgia the reasons we’re so excited about this? Let us know in the comments below!